Nicholas Hanek is an experienced advocate in courts throughout Ohio. Throughout his career, he has fought for clients both in and out of the courtroom. He treats each case individually, focusing on solving unique problems in the most effective and efficient manner.
As a part of the Divorce and Family Law Department, he helps individuals and families navigate issues in Domestic Relations and Juvenile Courts including issues surrounding divorce, child custody, domestic violence, property division, child support, and spousal support. He strives to support and understand the needs of his clients and to help them navigate the stress and difficulties that come with issues involving your family and children.
He has successfully tried cases in counties throughout Ohio and he uses his trial experience to negotiate favorable settlements and to successfully argue in court when necessary. His practice also includes assisting adults and juveniles facing criminal allegations in Municipal, Common Pleas, and Juvenile Courts.
Nicholas has diverse legal experience in both private practice and in public service. In addition to his experience in private practice, he has served as an In-House Attorney for a Child Welfare Agency, as an Assistant Prosecutor, and as a Special Prosecutor for multiple jurisdictions. While as a prosecutor, he helped to coordinate a multi-disciplinary team focused on the welfare of abused children.
He resides with his family in Brunswick. He also serves as a City Councilman in the City of Brunswick and teaches Juvenile Law at the University of Akron School of Law.
Civic and Professional Involvement
• Ward 2 Councilman, City of Brunswick, 2016-Present
• Vice Chair, Board of Commissioners, Medina County Metropolitan Housing Authority
• Past Chair, United Way of Medina County
• Supreme Court of Ohio Lawyer to Lawyer Mentoring Program Mentor
• Former Member, Board of Zoning Appeals, City of Brunswick
• All Ohio State Courts
• United States District Court, Northern District
• Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyer, 2017
• University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2008
• Case Western Reserve University, B.A., cum laude, 2003