In 2020, Alan Ross became Of Counsel at Meyers Roman. Prior to that, Alan served as President of another law firm since its inception in 1991 until June of 2018. Alan is active in both NLRB representation and unfair labor practice proceedings. He is also involved in union organizing campaigns and collective bargaining agreement negotiations. In his career, he has handled over 1,000 construction industry jobsite disputes and has negotiated over 100 collective bargaining agreements in the construction, manufacturing, nursing home and beer & wine industries.
Alan has tried numerous labor and related cases in both state and federal courts, as well as various administrative agencies. As such, he is an avid litigator in all labor-related matters, including the Davis-Bacon Act, the Ohio Prevailing Wage Law, NLRA and the FLSA.
Alan’s labor experience began in 1975 as a field attorney with the National Labor Relations Board. From 1978 to 2017, he served as General Counsel for the Northern Ohio Chapter of Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. and ABC of Ohio, Inc.
He has co-authored both the Ohio Prevailing Wage Law Compliance Manual and the Jobsite Labor Law Handbook.
- Named an Ohio Super Lawyer 2004-2020
- American jurisprudence Award in Labor Law
- Recognized by Martindale-Hubbell in its Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers
Civic and Professional Involvement
- General Counsel for Associated Builders & Contractors, Northern Ohio Chapter, 1977-2017
- General Counsel – ABC of Ohio 2000-2017
- Chairman of Board, Values in Action Foundation/Project Love, 2020
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1989
- All Ohio Courts, since 1975
- U.S. District court for the Northern District, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals – D.C. Circuit and Sixth Circuit, 1983
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1971, cum laude
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1975, cum laude