Meyers Roman’s Blockchain and Cryptocurrency attorneys have been assisting corporations, family and closely held businesses, startup companies and individuals since 2012. Our attorneys draw on their specialized technical and business expertise and the firm’s multidisciplinary approach to better represent clients in all aspects of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency, including inventions, trademarks, brand protection, trade secrets, copyrights, commercialization, mining, energy procurement, and licensing. With the advent and swift growth of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies (including Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, and Monero, to name a few), new legal issues in these innovative and disruptive areas are surfacing every day. We help our clients navigate and blaze a trail in the blockchain industry.
At Meyers Roman, we work closely with clients to understand their objectives and to craft a path that helps them achieve those goals. Our blockchain technology practice is supported by well-established teams of lawyers with expertise across many areas affecting digital currencies including ICOs and the accompanying regulatory hurdles, corporate and securities laws, intellectual property, banking compliance, private equity, real estate, corporate M+A, and privacy and cybersecurity. Should a dispute arise, you can rely on our highly experienced team of litigators with proven success in securing favorable verdicts for both plaintiffs and defendants.
Our extensive experience in blockchain technology and cryptocurrency spans across a variety of both current and emerging technologies, including hardware and equipment design; software, website and application development and policies; digital currency and more. In addition, our attorneys continue to stay up-to-date with ever changing trends, advising clients on issues related to initial coin offerings (ICOs) and crowdfunding.
Our Blockchain and Cryptocurrency attorneys work closely with our Intellectual Property, Business and Corporate, and Tax practice groups to counsel clients on the corporate structure that best capitalizes on their IP assets. We also provide commercialization assistance with licensing, selling, marketing and other commercial uses of clients’ IP assets. We regularly assist with technology transfers and acquisitions, including the creation of joint ventures, partnerships, franchises and other strategic alliances. Our attorneys provide counsel on licensing agreements and the contractual agreements necessary to protect proprietary information, including non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.
As part of the Corporate Intellectual Property Practice Group, Meyers Roman has a long history representing companies in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industries that provide consumer and financial services, including application and software development, tokenized in-game assets, e-commerce companies, mining and hosted mining services, mining equipment and software, and marketplace payment service providers.
Our clients include both large and small blockchain innovators, mining groups and companies, investors and industry associations. We counsel virtual currency industry clients with respect to various regulatory issues, including compliance with securities and commodities laws and regulations. We help organize internal policies and practices for compliance.
We work collaboratively with Blockchain leaders from other law firms, clients and the broader community to advance the industry, anticipate and address regulatory concerns and seize strategic opportunities. Our practice group focuses primarily on the Blockchain, Mining, Smart Contracts and Cryptocurrency matters. Whether you are just getting started in blockchain or have deep industry expertise, we are here to help.
- Hardware and Software
- Smart Contracts
- dApps (decentralized apps)
- Copyright, Trademark and Trade Secrets
- Internet Transactions
- Licensing and Technology Transfers
- Nondisclosure and Transfer Agreements
- Technology and Intellectual Property
- Website Design/Software Agreements
- Virtual/Digital Currency Blockchain Solutions
- Money Services Business Compliance
- Anti-Money Laundering and Cybersecurity Programs
- Decentralized Ledger Technology
- Business Operations and Corporate Formation
- Privacy and Data Security
- Securities and Commodities
- Federal and State Investigations
- Digitized Assets
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Music and Movies
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Negotiated sales of $165,000,000 of mining equipment
- Prepared hosting agreements and equipment sales agreements for cryptocurrency companies
- Advising companies on federal and state tax issues with cryptocurrency
- Advising investor on company developing blockchain based voting software
- Advising companies in the U.S. on ICOs
- Prepared website terms and conditions and privacy policies for online retailers
- Prepared license and service agreements for website and software development firm
Your business needs are unique. Your legal approach should be too. Contact our Blockchain & Cryptocurrency group for a tailored approach that best meets your objectives.