Joe Pokorny’s practice focuses on the areas of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. He assists employers in navigating the ever-changing regulatory landscape specific to federal contractors and subcontractors. Joe prepares custom Affirmative Action Plans (AAPs) and assists employers in auditing their current Affirmative Action compliance. In addition, he represents employers before the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). Joe also represents employers in workers’ compensation hearings before the Industrial Commission of Ohio.
Joe and his wife live in University Heights and enjoy traveling, visiting local restaurants and breweries, and spending time with family and friends.
- Prepared hundreds of custom Affirmative Action Plans for employers with 50 to 45,000 employees.
- Successfully guided a Fortune 500 manufacturer through a 15-month OFCCP compliance review resulting in full compliance.
- Assisted in proactive administrative closure of multiple compliance reviews when a healthcare organization received simultaneous scheduling letters.
Civic and Professional Involvement
- Cleveland Bridge Builders – Class of 2022
- Northern Ohio Industry Liaison Group, Chairman (2016-2020)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Food Bank
- Quarterly presenter on Affirmative Action and OFCCP for the Northern Ohio Industry Liaison Group (2017 – 2020)
- Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers (2020 – 2022)
- State of Ohio
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University (J.D., 2017)
- Otterbein University, cum laude (B.A., 2014)