Both state-funded and self-insured clients know they can rely on Meyers Roman’s decades of experience in saving companies money by protecting them against Workers’ Compensation fraud and abuse. Our attorneys provide risk management counseling and aggressive, yet cost-effective defense in all aspects of an employer’s Workers’ Compensation claims. Our clients include private and public-sector employers of all sizes across a wide range of industries.
We work closely with employers, third party administrators and insurance carriers to effectively defend fraudulent claims, positive post-accident drug/alcohol-related claims, death claims and excessive lost time claims. We also represent employers in VSSR (Violation of Specific Safety Requirement) claims and disputes with the Ohio BWC regarding worker misclassification and successor liability.
Our experienced attorneys counsel clients on coverage and non-coverage liability issues, as well as return-to-work issues, light duty assignments, drug-free workplace issues and accident investigations. In addition, we provide a unique combination of expertise, including certification as a specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law by the Ohio State Bar Association and background as an Assistant Attorney General representing several state agencies, including the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation.
- Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Hearing Representation
- Workers’ Compensation Court Appeals
- VSSR Claims
- Guidance on Post-Accident Drug Testing Requirements
- Defense of Successor Liability Claims
- Manual Classification Appeals
- Premium Disputes
- Retaliatory Discharge Lawsuits
- Favorably resolved a six-figure successor liability debt assessed by the BWC against the purchaser.
- Successfully represented a nursing home and challenged a back sprain claim with the potential for back surgery and extended work disability.
- Succeeded in getting numerous depression claims denied despite reports from the BWC psychologists supporting same.
- Achieved claim’s denial due to intensive investigative efforts revealing falsification of employee’s alleged workplace injury claim.
- Successfully defended a warehouse supplier in a VSSR claim alleging equipment malfunction and inadequate training.
- Obtained denials of high-exposure employee injury claims due to employee’s positive post-accident drug tests.
Your business needs are unique. Your legal approach should be too. Contact our Workers’ Compensation group for a tailored approach that best meets your objectives.