Having spent twenty-five years in private practice and as in-house counsel to a real estate developer, Leigh has negotiated and closed all types of complex commercial real estate transactions. She is able to focus on the fine legal details while keeping the client’s larger business objectives in mind, thereby offering both advanced legal advice and practical, savvy business counsel.
Leigh has negotiated retail, office and industrial leases and acquisitions and dispositions of office buildings, shopping centers and industrial and multi-family properties. She advises lenders and borrowers in a broad range of financing transactions. She has been privileged to represent private companies, not-for-profit corporations, and institutions of higher learning in all aspects of real estate operations, including public-private partnerships and urban redevelopment projects.
Leigh lives in Shaker Heights and has two adult children. Her interests include music, art and hiking with her two Labrador Retrievers.
Civic and Professional Involvement
- Represented family-owned real estate development, construction and hospitality management company in the acquisition and redevelopment of urban properties for retail and office use in Ohio City, University Circle and on East 4th Street in Cleveland, Ohio
- Negotiated more than 50 downtown Cleveland office leases for a Chicago-based commercial real estate owner
- Represented a suburban developer in the acquisition and development of a large regional shopping center on the east side of Cleveland
- Worked with a private university in modernizing its University Circle campus
- Represented a partnership in the development of a seven-story apartment building with attached 350 car garage in the University Circle/Little Italy neighborhood
- Served as in-house counsel for a regional shopping center investment company with a 35-property portfolio, negotiating purchases and sales, retail leasing and financing
- Represented closely-held warehouse and industrial property company with a 25,000,000 square foot portfolio in acquisitions, dispositions, financing and leasing matters
- Counseled out of state company in its joint venture with a state university for the construction of 315-unit residential apartment complex in Cleveland
- Named to Crain’s Cleveland Business’ “40 Under 40”, 2010.
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2015-2020
- Ohio Super Lawyer “Rising Star”, 2005, 2006, 2009-2011