Lester Armstrong is an experienced employment lawyer who helps companies navigate the every changing obligations imposed on employers by the government and the legal system. He effectively uses a combination of his common sense and legal experience to provide practical guidance and solutions to business clients in a broad spectrum of employment issues.
Lester’s experience ranges from drafting employment agreements and handbooks and advising clients on employee discipline, layoffs and sexual harassment investigations to defending employers in discrimination and wrongful discharge litigation and administrative proceedings before federal and state fair employment practices agencies. He also represents clients in matters involving Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the National Labor Relations Act.
Lester resides in Cleveland and is an active member of West Park United Church of Christ.
• Successfully defended apartment management company in sexual harassment and retaliation case, obtaining summary judgment on multiple claims and defense verdict at trial
• Defended employer in collective action under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act and obtained favorable settlement in mediation
Civic and Professional Involvement
• American and Ohio State Bar Associations, Labor and Employment Law sections
• Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
• Cleveland State University’s Center on Labor-Management Relations, Former Instructor
• Northern Area Training Center at Menorah Park, Guest Faculty Member
• 11 Foundation, Board member Boards of Trustees of Koinonia Homes, Inc. and the West Side Community Mental Health Center, Former member
• Served as a judicial law clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Walter H. Rice
• U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Seventh Circuits
• U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
• All Ohio State Courts
• Heidelberg College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1983)
• University of Toledo College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1986)