Anne Meyers founded Meyers Roman in 1995, managing its growth until August 2011. Her pragmatism, innate business sense and negotiation skills developed from 40 years of practice and ownership of various businesses. As a former part owner and principal of a construction material supply company, a surety company, an adjusting company and a women’s clothing retail business, as well as outside general counsel for a publicly traded business services company, Anne is known for her ability to favorably resolve business and personal disputes while avoiding litigation.
Anne’s broad experience contributes to her success in representing the legal and business needs of small to medium size companies. Her clients often consult her on how to structure their business operations to avoid potential business, personal and legal pitfalls. In addition, she skillfully assists family owned businesses in resolving succession issues fairly while respecting family dynamics.
Anne’s greatest pleasure is her three grown children (and hopes of future grandchildren). In her free time, she enjoys reading and traveling. She travels extensively on diplomatic missions with the American Jewish Committee.
- Advised and negotiated a $27 million venture capital purchase of a family owned business.
- Advises architectural firm regarding internal management and structuring of potential expansion opportunities.
- Negotiates construction disputes on behalf of contractors and sureties.
- Advises professional women’s softball league and team regarding operations, expansion and protection of assets.
- Acted as informal mediator for family members struggling with family-owned business succession issues.
- Mediates buy/sell, construction, business and personal disputes.
- Represents clients in informal resolution of litigation disputes.
Civic and Professional Involvement
- American Bar Association, Fidelity & Surety Law Committee and Forum on the Construction Industry
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Jewish Committee, Board of Governors since 2011
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Fellow
- National Association of Women Business Owners and recipient of NAWBO’s “Top Ten Women in Business Award,” 2009
- Capital University Law School, Board of Counselors, 2011-2014
- Founded Meyers Roman in 1995 and managed its growth until 2011
- ORT America Jurisprudence Award, 2019
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2020–2023
- Acted as Special Counsel to the Ohio Superintendent of Insurance for several high-profile cases
- Former attorney for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Founded and managed several for profit and non-profit businesses
- Represents Legal Aid clients in resolving personal legal issues
- Manages a women’s clothing business dedicated to empowering dozens of women in India through teaching of work ethic and textile skills
- Written on various surety industry topics, including co-authoring a chapter in The Law of Miscellaneous and Commercial Surety Bonds entitled, “Fringe Benefit Bonds.”
- Spoken extensively at conferences on a variety of construction, business and legal issues
- All Ohio State Courts
- The Supreme Court of Ohio
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 1972
- Capital University Law School, J.D., 1977