Robert Fuerst is a skilled legal drafter and negotiator with more than 35 years’ experience as a practicing real estate attorney, including five years with a New York Stock Exchange-listed Real Estate Investment Trust and almost 25 years with three major Cleveland law firms before joining Meyers Roman in 2010. Bob advises clients in developing, acquiring, selling, leasing and financing commercial and residential real estate, including hotels, shopping centers, warehouse/industrial buildings, apartments, condominiums and mixed-use projects. He has substantial national experience in the acquisition, development and financing of hotel properties and in negotiating and drafting retail and office leases. Bob practices law guided by his belief in zealously representing his clients while always being mindful of his clients’ desire to get the deal done as expeditiously and economically as possible. He takes pride in being responsive to his clients and in crafting creative solutions to resolve difficult issues which enable a deal to move forward.
- Represented buyer in a staged acquisition of a portfolio of eight warehouse/industrial buildings in Northeast Ohio.
- Represented buyer of an apartment project in Northeast Ohio which included the assumption of HUD Insured loans, tax credits, and four additional levels of government financing.
- Negotiated workout of loan on office/warehouse property which ultimately enabled client to sell the property for $500,000 gain after facing personal liability in excess of $1,000,000.
- Represented hotel owners in the acquisition, development, sale and financing of multiple hotel properties throughout Ohio and the eastern United States.
- Represented landlords of lifestyle and power centers and retail buildings throughout the United States to negotiate leases with major national and regional tenants, including L Brands, Gap, Ross Stores, TJX, Bravo Restaurant Group, Chipotle, Applebees, Starbucks and Walgreens.
- Represented buyers, sellers and developers in purchase, sale and development of shopping center properties throughout the United States.
Civic and Professional Involvement
- American Bar and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Associations, Real Estate Section
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Adjunct Professor, Real Estate Transactions, 2013-2015
- The First Tee of Cleveland, Board Member
- The Montefiore Foundation, Board Member
- American Jewish Committee, Cleveland Chapter, Past President
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Real Estate Law, 2005-2020
- Ohio “Super Lawyers”, Real Estate Law, 2004-2009, 2011 – 2012
- Cleveland’s “Best Lawyers” 2012-2018
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell for more than 15 consecutive years
- Authored monthly real estate and general business law column for Properties magazine for 13 years
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1979
- University of Colorado, B.S., 1975