Meyers Roman’s Finance attorneys provide a breadth of legal representation in structuring, negotiating and documenting all aspects of commercial, real estate and asset-based loan transactions. We provide practical yet creative approaches to handling all aspects of financing and capital structuring for banks and other financial institutions, as well as private lenders and borrowers across a broad spectrum of industries.
Our attorneys rely on decades of experience to provide customized solutions to help each client reach their end goal. We also strive to be a value-added asset to our clients by continually monitoring and communicating the myriad of ever-changing, complex regulatory issues and by facilitating relationships among our clients and network of experienced professionals. We offer sophisticated, yet cost-effective solutions for real estate and constructions loans, including commercial mortgage loans, construction loans, bridge loans, mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments, private placements, syndications and participations. We counsel clients on government loans, such as HUD insured loans and HUD Transfers of Physical Assets (TPA), SBA, HUD, FHA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and other regulatory financing.
When appropriate, our attorneys coordinate with our Tax group to provide experienced counsel on complex transactions with historic tax credits and low-income housing tax credits. Our attorneys also work closely with our Creditors’ Rights and Bankruptcy group to put clients in the best possible position to mitigate losses. They also assist with loan workouts, forbearance arrangements, loan restructuring, mezzanine and subordinated debt, foreclosures and the sale of distressed loans and assets.
- Lender Representation
- Borrower Representation
- Venture and Private Equity Finance
- Commercial Finance
- Asset-Based Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Bond and Note Financing
- HUD/ Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Regulatory Financing
- Tax Exempt and Taxable Finance
- Loan Modifications
- Corporate Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights
- Forbearance Arrangements and Workouts
- Represented an owner and developer group in a number of HUD multifamily transactions, including Transfer of Physical Assets, Mark-to-Market debt assumption, new HUD-insured financing, and Affordable Housing Tax Credits projects.
- Represented the buyer of an apartment project in Northeast Ohio which included the assumption of HUD Insured loans, tax credits and four additional levels of government financing.
- Represented subdivision developers in the purchase of multiple land parcels in excess of 1,000 acres; acquisition and development financing with commercial and private lenders; negotiation of construction agreements; sale of finished lots to large scale public builders and local homebuilders; and matters before governmental bodies and agencies.
- Represented owners in construction of a 50,000 square foot office warehouse facility with revenue bond financing and negotiated architect and construction agreements.
- Represented numerous co-borrowers in a commercial mortgage-backed securities loan secured by multiple shopping centers located throughout several states.
Your business needs are unique. Your legal approach should be too. Contact our Finance group for a tailored approach that best meets your objectives.