Our Real Estate Attorneys Counsel Buyers, Sellers, Borrowers, Lenders and More
Meyers Roman’s Real Estate attorneys represent a diverse set of clients involved in all aspects of office, industrial/warehouse, retail and residential real estate. Our clients include buyers and sellers, borrowers and lenders, owners and managers, landlords and tenants, brokers, architects and contractors. Our attorneys offer a broad range of experience assisting clients in all phases of a real estate project from acquisition and development to leasing and management and through disposition.
Our attorneys provide a practical yet creative approach to handling all aspects of financing and capital structuring for our clients. We represent lenders and borrowers in acquisition and development/construction loans; government loans, including HUD, FHA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and other regulatory financing; and private placements and syndications. When needed, we counsel clients regarding tax incentives and provide representation for real estate tax appeals. We also assist clients with workouts and restructurings.
Keeping up with the myriad of ever-changing, complex regulatory and environmental issues is challenging. Our clients rely on us to counsel them on land use, zoning, eminent domain and environmental matters. In addition, our firm offers clients unique qualifications in and experience with green building projects, including issues regarding LEED Certification and the specialized terms for green contracts and leases.
We not only are skilled at handling our clients’ transactional and finance matters, but when needed, we handle all types of disputes that arise in the world of real estate, from foreclosures and evictions to construction litigation and arbitration. Our experienced team of litigators bring a tough but pragmatic approach to resolving real estate disputes to achieve the most advantageous result in the most cost-effective manner.
- Retail, Office, Industrial, Hospitality and Residential Projects
- Real Estate Development and Construction
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Real Estate Workouts
- Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate Finance
- HUD/Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Regulatory Financing
- Private Placements and Syndications
- Property Taxation, Abatements & Exemptions
- Real Estate and Construction Arbitration and Mediation
- Environmental Issues
- Sustainability/Green Practice
- Land Use and Zoning
- Represented the buyer in a staged acquisition of a portfolio of eight warehouse/industrial buildings in Northeast Ohio.
- Represented cell tower developers and site selectors with site acquisition, developer contracts, private equity and partnership arrangements, leasing, title, construction and development work throughout various stages of cell tower development.
- Represented hotel owners in the acquisition, development, sale and financing of multiple hotel properties throughout Ohio and the eastern United States.
- Represented developer in multiple phases of a large, sophisticated mixed-use project in Northeast Ohio, including acquisition, leasing, financing, construction, tax abatement, remediation and environmental issues.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition and development of a distressed and foreclosed single family development.
- Represented the buyer of an apartment project in Northeast Ohio which included the assumption of HUD Insured loans, tax credits and four additional levels of government financing.
- Represented subdivision developers in the purchase of multiple land parcels in excess of 1,000 acres; acquisition and development financing with commercial and private lenders; negotiation of construction agreements; sale of finished lots to large scale public builders and local homebuilders; and matters before governmental bodies and agencies.
- Represented landlords of lifestyle and power centers and retail buildings throughout the United States to negotiate leases with major national and regional tenants, including L Brands, Gap, Ross Stores, TJX, Bravo Restaurant Group, Chipotle, Applebee’s, Starbucks and Walgreens.
- Represented investor in 1031 exchange, sale of a shopping center and acquisition of a Delaware statutory trust interest.
- Represented owners in construction of a 50,000 square foot office warehouse facility with revenue bond financing and negotiated architect and construction agreements.
- Represented the buyer of a Northeast Ohio office building portfolio totaling $83 million.
- Prepared private placement documentation, structured the purchasing entity and represented the entity in the purchase and development of a condominium project in Florida.
- Represented numerous co-borrowers in a commercial mortgage-backed securities loan secured by multiple shopping centers located throughout several states.
- Represented buyers, sellers and developers in purchase, sale and development of shopping center properties throughout the United States.
- Represented several lenders in various projects related to construction and bridge financing for construction projects involving federal and state historic tax credits.
- Represented an owner and developer group in a number of HUD multifamily transactions, including Transfer of Physical Assets, Mark-to-Market debt assumption, new HUD-insured financing, and Affordable Housing Tax Credits projects.
Your business needs are unique. Your legal approach should be too. Contact our Real Estate group for a tailored approach that best meets your objectives.