Meyers Roman’s Intellectual Property attorneys assist corporations, family and closely held businesses, startup companies and individuals in a wide range of industries to identify, protect, capitalize on and enforce their intellectual property assets. Our attorneys draw on their specialized technical and business expertise and the firm’s multidisciplinary approach to better represent clients in all aspects of intellectual property, including inventions, trademarks, brand protection, trade secrets, copyrights, commercialization and licensing.
At Meyers Roman, we work closely with clients to understand their objectives and to craft a path that helps them achieve those goals. To help clients capitalize on their IP assets, we assist with strategic planning and portfolio management. We perform IP audits to uncover unidentified or underutilized IP assets, identify potential risk and create proactive strategies that minimize both risk and potential threats of litigation. We also conduct infringement reviews to protect and enforce clients’ IP rights. Should a dispute arise, you can rely on our highly experienced team of litigators with proven success in securing favorable verdicts for both plaintiffs and defendants.
Our extensive experience in IP and technology spans across a variety of both traditional and emerging technologies, including hardware and equipment design; software, website and application development and policies; hosting; cloud technology; digital currency; data sharing and more. In addition, our attorneys continue to stay up-to-date with ever changing trends, advising clients on issues related to cybersecurity, the Defend Trade Secrets Act and crowdfunding.
Our Intellectual Property attorneys work closely with our Business and Corporate and Tax practice groups to counsel clients on the corporate structure that best capitalizes on their IP assets. We also provide commercialization assistance with licensing, selling, marketing and other commercial uses of clients’ IP assets. We regularly assist with technology transfers and acquisitions, including the creation of joint ventures, partnerships, franchises and other strategic alliances. Our attorneys provide counsel on licensing agreements and the contractual agreements necessary to protect proprietary information, including non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.
- Hardware and Software
- Copyright, Trademark and Trade Secrets
- Infringement Review
- Internet Transactions
- Licensing and Technology Transfers
- Nondisclosure and Transfer Agreements
- Technology and Intellectual Property
- Website Design/Software Agreements
- Successfully appealed adverse ruling by Trademark Examiner before Trademark Trial & Appeals Board in securing registration of trademark for prominent regional steel service center
- Prepared and negotiated trademark license agreements with a Fortune 500 company
- Negotiated a trademark coexistence agreement between a large regional baking company and a national food supply company
- Negotiated a consent agreement between a start-up online retail merchandiser seeking federal trademark protection and a national apparel distributor
- Negotiated and prepared patent license agreement for manufacturer and distributor of household consumer products
- Prepared production and development agreement for a major motion picture project
- Prepared website terms and conditions and privacy policies for online retailers
- Prepared license and service agreements for website and software development firm
Your business needs are unique. Your legal approach should be too. Contact our Intellectual Property group for a tailored approach that best meets your objectives.