Our Occupational Safety & Health Law Attorneys Help You Comply With Federal and State Laws and Regulations
Our Occupational Safety & Health Law attorneys assist clients across a wide range of industries, particularly manufacturing and construction, in understanding and complying with federal and state occupational safety and health laws and regulations. We also represent them in the negotiation and litigation of health and safety violation complaints.
Our attorneys strive to assist employers in meeting their obligations to safeguard their employees from workplace illness, injury, violence and death by placing a heavy emphasis on proactive rather than reactive measures. These proactive measures serve to identify risks to employees, but also to minimize the threat of potential costly litigation. We assist clients with the preparation and implementation of written safety programs, standard operating procedures, workplace safety rules and employee handbooks for compliance with local, state and federal statutes. We also perform compliance and safety audits to identify and address any potential issues before costly accidents occur.
In addition to counseling clients on preventative measures, we provide guidance on matters involving Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) inspections or injury/illness investigations. Our attorneys actively participate and represent clients during on-site OSHA inspections. Post-inspection, we assist clients in negotiating and resolving OSHA citations/penalties and represent them in OSHA informal conferences, administrative hearings with the OSHA Review Commission and related litigation. We also represent clients in defending OSHA whistleblower and retaliation complaints.
Our Occupational Safety & Health Law attorneys have decades of experience working with OSHA across Ohio and the rest of the country. In addition, we place a heavy emphasis on keeping clients up-to-date with OSHA’s constantly changing rules and regulations.
- OSHA Investigations, Informal Conferences, Negotiation, Settlement Agreements and Litigation
- Workplace Safety Manuals and Programs
- Regulatory Compliance and Audits
- Successfully litigated a machine guarding case that resulted in the alleged serious and repeat violations to be rescinded.
- Achieved significant reductions of citations and proposed violations for a client with multiple facilities that was charged with both repeat and willful violations.
- Upheld a contentious termination and achieved a very favorable settlement in multiple OSHA whistleblower case.
- Achieved a favorable settlement in an OSHA litigation matter involving improperly cited safety guarding.
- Represented clients in dozens of OSHA on-site investigations, closing conferences and informal conferences.
Your business needs are unique. Your legal approach should be too. Contact our Occupational Safety & Health group for a tailored approach that best meets your objectives.