As a former General Counsel and Chief Operating Officer, David Croft offers a unique perspective on applying business law and understanding the needs of his clients. David’s practice includes counseling businesses and entrepreneurs throughout Northeast Ohio to launch new businesses and purchase or sell existing businesses, reviewing investment opportunities (both from an investor’s perspective as well as a business seeking investments), establishing internal governance mechanisms, developing agreements with customers and other businesses, preparing and negotiating business deals and contracts, and handling dissolution and liquidation matters. David also helps his clients determine and distinguish their market leverage and competitive advantages and then safeguards and defends the underlying intellectual property.
David brings extensive experience in the manufacturing industry and represents a diverse array of businesses, business owners, and entrepreneurs in industries ranging from software development, video games, and digital currency to fuel distribution, medical marijuana, and plastics manufacturing. He applies his legal acumen and business leadership skills to help guide executives and owners of companies of all sizes achieve their business goals.
An Ohio native, David enjoys spending time with and traveling to see family and friends, listening to and playing music, outdoor activities, and homebrewing.
• Represented a multi-million dollar fuel distribution company with review of software development agreements, credit applications and customer finance matters totaling more than $3 million.
• Represented closely held real estate investment companies in the portfolio acquisition of multiple office buildings and real estate worth approximately $83 million.
• Represented seller in the sale of a printing company to a private equity group for approximately $30 million.
Civic and Professional Involvement
• Ohio State and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Associations
• American Cancer Society
• Knights of Columbus
• Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts of America
• University of Toledo (BA, Psychology)
• University of Akron School of Law (JD)
• University of Akron College of Business Administration (MS, Taxation)