For more than 40 years, Alan Hirth has stood “between the client and harm’s way” as a trial attorney focusing his practice on business and employment disputes and white-collar criminal defense, trademark and probate disputes. Having tried lawsuits in Ohio, New York, Florida, California, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, Illinois and Connecticut, he has refined his craft by combining court room experience and carefully studying successful trial lawyers and other persuasive speakers. Alan has represented healthcare, insurance and manufacturing companies in matters involving enforcement of restrictive employment covenants, breach of contract claims involving sales of steel and related items, defense of and enforcement of trademark claims and enforcement of non-circumvention agreements. His “aggressive yet practical approach to litigation and to detailed preparation” has been a cornerstone to the success of his practice.
Outside the office, Alan is a dog lover with a passion for mystery novels and movies.
Civic and Professional Involvement
• American and Federal Bar Associations
• Ohio and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Associations
• Geauga County Humane Society, Board Member
• Former in-house counsel and head of litigation at major Cleveland-based Fortune 500 corporation
• Ohio Super Lawyer, 2010, 2014, 2016-2020
• Martindale and Hubbell AV Rated
• U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Ohio Districts
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Appellate Circuit
• All Ohio state courts
• City College of New York, B.A., 1970
• Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 1973