Michael has focused his practice on the representation of private equity firms, closely held businesses and public and privately held entities in domestic and cross-border transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, debt and equity financings, real estate and other strategic transactions and other general corporate governance matters.
Michael has also assisted clients with state and local tax issues, IRS and state tax controversies, tax aspects of corporate acquisitions, dispositions and tax-free reorganizations and restructurings, executive compensation matters and tax-exempt organization matters.
Memberships & Associations
• Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Association for Corporate Growth
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
• Certified Public Accountant, State of Ohio (Inactive)
• NASD Series 7, General Securities License
• Business & Corporate
• Real Estate
• Mergers & Acquisitions
• Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (Juris Doctor, 2016) Magna Cum Laude
• Senior Editor, Cleveland State Law Review
• Cleveland State University (Master of Accounting, Taxation, 2012) Summa Cum Laude
• Loyola University of Chicago (Bachelor of Accountancy, 2008)