Having both law firm and in-house counsel experience, Joni Todd knows the importance of providing practical business advice that allows businesses to achieve their goals while reducing risk. As the Director of Litigation and Assistant General Counsel of a publicly traded company (with over 20,000 employees in the U.S., Canada and the U.K.), Joni provided legal advice and guidance to all business areas on a wide range of legal issues and strategic initiatives including field operations, contract negotiations and disputes, consumer claims, media relations, and risk management.
Joni has extensive experience in providing advice and counsel on labor and employment matters and investigating and defending companies in pending employee claims, class action and individual plaintiff litigation, arbitrations, and mediations.
She has also represented clients in a wide variety of other legal matters including consumer, credit compliance, contract, and intellectual property claims and litigation.
Throughout her career, Joni has represented clients in mediations, hearings, depositions, trials, and arbitrations nationwide. Her clients have included consumer retail companies, title insurance companies, lending institutions, corporate entities and individuals.
Joni resides in Cuyahoga County with her husband and enjoys spending time with family, especially her granddaughter, and reading a great mystery suspense novel.
Memberships & Associations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Named Rising Star. 2010,2012 and 2014 editions of Ohio Super Lawyers
- US District Court for Northern District of Ohio
- US District Court for Southern District of Ohio
- Court of Appeals for the Sixth District
- Cleveland State University, BA, summa cum laude, 2001
- Cleveland Marshall College of Law, JD, summa cum laude, 2004; Managing Editor, Cleveland State Law Review; Dean’s List all semesters