J. Breton “Bret” McNab concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, energy, oil and gas and business & corporate. Prior to joining Meyers Roman, Bret was an associate at regional law firms where he gained valuable experience representing energy clients in the acquisition and disposition of leasehold and mineral interests and drafting certified oil and gas title opinions. Bret has also litigated various real estate issues including Ohio’s Dormant Mineral Act and Marketable Title Act. His background, as both a coal miner and a commercial credit analyst, gives him a truly unique perspective among attorneys.
Bret enjoys spending his time with his family, especially taking his daughter to the zoo.
Civic & Professional Involvement
- NAIOP Northern Ohio Chapter, Board Member – Vice Chair of Governmental Affairs (2018-2020)
- Neighborhood Development Committee for the Old Brooklyn CDC (2020 to Present)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (CMBA)
- Ohio Super Lawyers: Rising Star for Energy & Natural Resources, 2021
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Energy Law and for Real Estate Law, 2021
- “Handling Real Estate Transactions from Start to Finish” – National Business Institute (May 2019)
- “Breaches of Implied Covenants” – Ohio State Bar Association – Oil and Gas Update (2016)
- Co-Author, “Held By Production Leases: When Are They Actually Held?,” 36 Energy & Min. L. Inst. § 25 (2015).
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts, Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- Ohio and West Virginia State Courts
- College of Wooster, BA 2007
- Ohio Northern University College of Law, JD, 2012 – Law Review Symposium Editor (2011-2012)