Chair, Estate Planning & Probate
Gina M. Bevack-Ciani focuses her practice on working closely with clients to meet their specific estate planning needs and guides them through the probate and trust administration after the passing of a loved one. She advises clients in all areas of estate and gift tax planning, avoidance or minimization of probate and succession planning for business owners. Gina assists clients in implementing a wide range of estate planning techniques ranging from simple wills and trusts to more sophisticated plans including qualified personal resident trusts (“QPRTs”), grantor retained annuity trusts (“GRATs”), irrevocable life insurance trusts (“ILITs”), special needs trusts (“SNTs”) and various other techniques. As part of her commitment to providing clients with a comprehensive plan, she also prepares documents such as general powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, living wills and other related documents. Gina’s objective is to counsel each client through the myriad of options, while taking into account their unique circumstances and family dynamic, to achieve the most appropriate plan.
In addition to the planning aspect of her practice, Gina also helps clients navigate through probate and trust administration. With compassion and understanding of the emotional aspect of her role, Gina provides families peace of mind during this vulnerable and emotional life phase. As a court appointed fiduciary in all surrounding counties, Gina also acts as a fiduciary in estate and guardianship cases, giving her a unique perspective and allowing her to understand the roles that her clients play.
Gina resides in Lake County with her husband and three daughters. She enjoys working out, volunteering at her children’s school and spending time with her extended family and friends.
• Structured estate plans that minimize estate taxes while retaining flexibility for future changes for high net worth clients.
• Prepared unique plans for families with special needs beneficiaries to ensure the continuation of resource-based benefits.
• Prepared estate plans for clients with non-citizen spouses.
• Prepared and used private settlement agreements to assist clients to amend certain trust documents when necessary to achieve the grantors intended result.
• Assisted clients through estate tax audits.
• Assisted clients with the administration of foreign assets.
• Assisted non-Ohio resident clients with ancillary probate administration in Ohio for assets located in Ohio.
• Acted as executor in probate administration matters.
• Acted as trustee in several trust administration matters.
• Acted as Court Appointed Guardian for several incompetent adults facing issues such as physical and mental illness and substance abuse.
• Represented numerous clients through probate litigation involving contested wills, trusts, appointment of fiduciaries, concealment of asset issues and several other probate litigation topics.
• Handled the probate portion of wrongful death settlements and asbestos litigation.
• Represented legal guardians and counseled them through their duties and obligations in their capacity as fiduciary.
• Assisted families through the end of life decisions regarding loved ones.
Civic and Professional Involvement
• Ohio State Bar Association, Member
• Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
• Estate Planning Council of Cleveland, Member
• Lake County Bar Association, Member
• Geauga County Bar Association, Member
• University Hospitals Diamond Advisory Group, Member
• Sales and Marketing Executives of Cleveland, Member
• Ohio, 2003
• Northern District of Ohio, 2003
• John Carroll University (Bachelor in Business Management, 2000)
• Cleveland-Marshall College of Law (JD, 2003)