All businesses face financial and operational challenges – either their own challenges or those of a customer or supplier. For nearly two decades, David has advised clients on corporate insolvency, creditor rights, business reorganization, bankruptcy litigation, receiverships, and related transactions. David provides creative and impactful business solutions to these transactional and supply-chain concerns.
David is originally from Lexington, Massachusetts and is a long-time resident of Olmsted Falls Ohio where his wife, Holly, was raised and where she now serves on the local school board. David has two daughters and is a proud and active member of the west-side Cleveland Jewish community.
• Coordinated the operational and financial restructuring of a $30 million revenue multi-state fracking service provider. Negotiated forbearance agreements with various leasing companies and lenders, ultimately resulting in a refinancing of the company’s debt.
• Represents a Committee Member regarding committee matters in the recent Chapter 11 case – In re FirstEnergy Solutions Corp. – the largest Chapter 11 case pending in the Northern District of Ohio.
• Represents shopping and living centers in national and regional retail Chapter 11 cases and debt enforcement.
• Represents national staffing resource company in national and regional Chapter 11 cases and debt enforcement.
• Advises various Ohio middle-market manufacturing companies, a regional automotive dealership, a national transportation provider, and a plastics recycler on corporate and transactional matters.
• Represents non-profit community impact and SBA lender on community impact loans and loan enforcement.
• Represents court-appointed receiver in Northern Ohio.
• Provides intervention services for private equity funds regarding troubled assets and distressed asset purchases.
Civic and Professional Involvement
• Jewish Federation of Cleveland, Board of Trustees
• St. Petersburg Subcommittee of the Overseas Connections Committee, Member
• Jewish Education Center of Cleveland (JECC), Board of Trustees
• @Akiva Advisory Board, Member
• Director’s Advisory Committee for the Cleveland Public Theater, Charter Member
• Charter Review Commission for the City of Olmsted Falls, Member
• American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
• Turnaround Management Association, Member
• Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
• 2020 Edition, The Best Lawyers in America©, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
• Conversational Russian, fluent
• Tufts University (B.A., cum laude, 1990)
• Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., 1997)