Dan knows that a well-crafted estate plan will provide for the future management and distribution of his clients’ assets, but he also knows that the plan can be critical to supporting his clients’ lifestyles, values and beliefs. Whether a client owns a closely held business or is a family with accumulated wealth, each has complexities that require the counsel that Dan offers. Dan’s experience as both an attorney and business owner, gives him keen insight into how legal issues, business decisions, and family dynamics intersect and impact each other. Dan’s mission is to prepare estate plan documents that support the client’s goals, not to have the client’s goals managed to fit the documents. He does this by meeting the needs of clients with advice that is practical and supportive of their objectives, combined with reasonable and practical expectations.
• Establish estate plans for entrepreneurs and families that include revocable living trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and irrevocable trusts, for life insurance and other assets.
• Developed strategy to minimize business owners’ risk of personal liability.
• Counsel clients in the formation of family limited liability companies.
• Represent real estate developers in the acquisition, financing and construction of deals sized from $1,000,000 to $25,000,000.
• Counsel to $10,000,000 real estate workout.
• Advise lenders in the administration of real estate collateral and related homeowners’ associations.
• Commercial leasing representation for tenants and landlords.
• Counsel to multi-state Section 1031 exchange.
Civic and Professional Involvement
• American Bar Association
• Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
• Board member of Menorah Park Center for Senior Living, Trustee 2008 to present
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
• All Ohio State Courts
• University of Michigan (B.A., 1983)
• The Ohio State University (M.B.A., 1986)
• The Ohio State University (J.D., 1987)